You will receive the Level III certification after successful completion of the Theory AND the Skills/Firearms Qualification.
- Range fees and Ammo expense are not included in PSB Level III Certification Part 1 or PSB Level III Certification Part 2.
- After successful completion of PSB Level III Certification Part 1, you will receive a Certificate of Training and a form PSB 30.
Certificate of Training
- The certificate of training is generated by the LMS system upon completion of of the on-line training
- Upon completion of the training, AEPS Corp is notified of the completion of the course
- The certificate of training can be saved from the officers account/login dashboard – completed courses – view results
This certificate of training is for the officers portfolio only
Form PSB 30
- The renewal license requires a PSB 30
- AEPS Corp will complete the form PSB 30 for the online training.
- AEPS Corp will send the officer the PSB 30
- The PSB 30 needs to be completed by a licensed PSB skills/firearms instructor
- If AEPS Corp is providing the skills/ firearms qualification, the officer must purchase PSB Level III Certification Part 2 and AEPS Corp will complete the PSB 30
- Do not purchase PSB Level III Certification Part 2 if AEPS Corp isn’t providing the skills/firearms qualification
- The officer must qualify with a revolver/semi-auto pistol with a PSB approved firearms instructor to complete the certification process
- The completed PSB 30 is then attached to the DPS PSB home page via your TOPS profile as proof of continuing education for re-certification
Firearms Completion Form
For PSB auditing purposes, the PSB licensed firearms instructor providing the firearms qualification must complete the Firearms Completion Form and return the form to AEPS Corp.
Note: Licensed Mangers may take the course to fulfill 6 hours of continuing education (CE) credits towards maintaining their Manager’s License.
Skills/Firearms training includes 10-15 hours of the training involving actual use and of a firearm. You should also be trained on:
- Expandable Baton
- Defensive Tactics
AEPS Training and Development Manager
902 Crystal Falls Pkwy
Leander, Texas 78641