The student completing this course will receive a certificate of training for 2 hours of handcuffing theory.
- The student completing this course will receive a certificate of training for 2 hours of handcuffing theory.
- The student will need to complete the skills portion of the training with a competent handcuffing instructor.
The skills training should incorporate handcuffing drills which simulate a wide variety of street encounters.
After the skills training, the student should be able to demonstrate the proper handcuffing method for compliant and noncompliant suspects.
The handcuffing certification is a lifetime certification that does not expire.
- This courses teaches the basic theories of the “Two-Finger-Bent-Wrist” method of handcuffing.
- The “Two-Finger-Bent-Wrist” method provides maximum control of the suspect and offer the highest level of control and safety for the officer.
- The student will receive proper handcuffing strategy and techniques that will improve their confidence level, improve their safety level and minimize costly litigation that may result from the improper use of handcuffs.
This course contains information on the following:
- General Handcuffing Guidelines
- Handcuffing History
- Handcuffing Dangers
- Trial and Error Lessons
- Handcuff Nomenclature
- Hinged, Rigid, Chain-Link and Disposable Handcuffs
- Care and Maintenance of Handcuffs
- Resistance and Control Management
- Recognizing the Threat
- Principles of Balance, Movement, Center and Reaction Time
- Handcuffing a Subject in a Standing Handcuffing
- Handcuffing a Subject in a Kneeling Position
- Handcuffing a Subject in a Prone Position
- Resistance and Disengaging
- Properly Removing Handcuffs
- Proper Searching Techniques