This course covers the following:
- Basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely
- Handgun familiarization
- Fundamental firearm safety
- Fundamentals of good marksmanship
- Introduction to Shotguns
There are four sections to this course:
Basic Firearms Training – 1
- Revolver Handgun Nomenclature
- Semi Auto Handgun Nomenclature
- Handgun Maintenance/Cleaning
- Range Rules
Basic Firearms Training – 2
- Shooting Stance
- Proper Grip
- Proper Sight Alignment
- Proper Trigger Control
Basic Firearms Training – 3
- Proper Breathing
- Canting the Pistol
- Four Step Draw
- Weak Hand Shooting
- Holstering the Weapon
- Loading and Unloading Handguns
- Semi-Auto Malfunction/Stoppages
- Clearing Stoppages
- Sam Browne Set-Up
Basic Shotgun Training
The Basic Rules of Firearms Safety
Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
- Never point the muzzle at anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction, away from yourself and others.
- A safe direction is where if the gun accidentally fires, it wouldn’t damage or injure anyone or anything.
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are aligned on the target and ready to fire.
- Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- This includes making sure nothing is beyond your target that you don’t want to destroy.