This online course is approved by the Texas Department of Public Safety, Regulatory Services Division.
Robert Gideon is certified under Texas GC 411.188 and GC 411.190 to administer the LTC Online Course (classroom instruction only).
Before you register and pay for this course you need to understand the following information:
- Applicants that complete the online course must complete the range instruction part of the handgun proficiency course.
- Applicants who complete the online course must be given an additional one (1) to two (2) hours of range training before completing the range proficiency demonstration.
- Applicants must pass the range proficiency demonstration with a score of 70% or better.
Completing Parts 1 and 2 of this course qualifies you to open carry and/or concealed carry a handgun in public in the State of Texas as allowed by law.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age (18 years of age for active duty military) and must meet Federal qualifications to purchase a handgun.
- You must also submit a completed application, pay the required fees, complete all required training and submit required supplemental forms and materials.
The AEPS online License to Carry (LTC) course addresses:
- Laws Related to Weapons and to the Use of Deadly Force
- Handgun Use and Handgun Safety
- Non-Violent Dispute Resolution
- Proper Firearm Storage to Prevent Theft and Accidental Injury
- Suicide Prevention
There is a separate charge for the range portion of the training. (Texas License to Carry (LTC) Part 2)
Do not purchase Texas License to Carry (LTC) Part 1 and/or Texas License to Carry (LTC) Part 2 until you have received a commitment from a LTC Firearms Instructor to complete the required training and firearms qualification.
Robert Gideon will complete the training if you are in the Travis County/Williamson county and surrounding counties.
Contact Robert Gideon for scheduling and location of the qualification
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work Phone: 512-538-2627