The Expandable Baton Course is designed for Security Officers and other industry professionals.
This course is designed to be generic in theory and applicable to all brands of expandable batons on the market. The lawful use of an expandable baton does not change from one brand baton to another.
The information contained herein includes:
- ASP Baton
- Monadnock Baton
- Galls Baton
The participant will be taught the theory on the use of the expandable baton in a use of force situation.
- This course teaches carrying, presentation, striking techniques, mechanical functioning, and maintenance of the expandable baton.
- The course provides efficient defensive impact weapon tactics for personnel when involved in the use of force situation.
- The theory and tactics discussed in this program allow the student to retain the ability to disengage and/or escalate their force options as the situation may require.
If this course is for recertification or continuing education purposes, the student completing this course will receive a certificate of training for 2 hours of expandable baton.
The student completing this course will receive a certificate of training for 2 hours of expandable baton theory.
- The student will need to complete the skills portion of the training with a certified expandable baton trainer.
- The skills training should incorporate drills which simulate a wide variety of street encounters which may require the use of
an expandable baton.
- The expandable baton certification is a lifetime certification that does not expire.
Upon completion of the Expandable Baton Theory course, the student will explain an understanding of the use of an expandable baton for security purposes.